- Cable channels target specific demographic groups.
- Money is not wasted on viewers who are not in your demographic target.
- Zoned advertising with Cable means no waste reaching those outside the core Portland metro
area where the majority of shoppers live.
- Cable households tend to have higher incomes than do non-cable households and therefore
tend to be greater consumers of high ticket products.
- They are also more likely to own their own homes and have larger families than do non-cable households.
Recapturing "Lost" Viewers:
- Broadcast television is losing audience share to cable networks. Those who pay for cable television
do so to have the choices cable channels offer.
- Advertising on cable allows you to "recapture" those viewers who have been "lost" by the broadcasters.
Improved Commercial Environment:
- Advertising on cable insures that your message will not be lost among many other commercials.
- Cable networks' local breaks generally consist of one 60 second commercial or two 30 second commercials at a time.
- This type of positioning allows you to be internalized and remembered by the viewer.
- Cable advertising's affordable rates allow you to get more spots for your budget and develop
the frequency necessary to turn viewers into buyers.
Prime Time Affordability:
- Cable advertising rates allow you to advertise during prime time whern most viewers are
watching, thus increasing your reach.
- Basic cable networks spend millions of dollars to create top quality original
programming. As a result, they are gaining prime time share from broadcast programming.